Community Preparedness Tool
Guidelines for the Program
A program called “Partners in Development” (PiD) was developed by Ameren to help determine local development needs and the most appropriate assistance from Ameren’s economic development staff. This community preparedness tool is currently available on a limited basis only. However, a self-assessment guide that helps step you through the program is available to any Ameren-served community, upon request.
- Most of the evaluation process focuses on the local economic development organization.
- It is intended for economic development organizations that target manufacturers, warehouse-distribution and/or back office operations.
- Economic development organizations must satisfy the need of all items under each level to attain the specified designation.
- Certification will apply for a two-calendar year period, the current and following years. At the end of that period, the community must re-qualify.
- Economic development organizations may apply for one level upgrade in the off-year if they believe that they can satisfy the requirements of the next level.
Ameren, economic development, business development, shovel ready sites, workforce data, development resources, economic development rates, working with Ameren, rates, recruiting new businesses, community development, available property, buildings, sites.