Downed Power Lines
Treat all downed or dangling lines as if they are energized and dangerous.
- If you see downed power lines, stay away at least 10 feet, warn others and call Ameren to report the location.
- Never drive over a downed power line.
- Never touch any electrical power lines. Keep your family and pets away from the lines.
- If a tree or branch falls on an electric line, call Ameren to report the location.
- DO NOT remove a tree limb or other object from a power line. Electricity can travel through objects, especially when they are wet.
- Don't attempt to rescue someone who makes contact with a downed power line - you could become a victim yourself. Call 911.
- Stay away from anything a downed power line comes in contact with, including fences or trees.
- Remember, it's hard to tell the difference between an electric line, a telephone line or a cable line. Treat any line as an energized and dangerous line.
downed power lines, power lines, energized lines, dangerous lines, fallen lines, tree limbs