Ameren is known throughout the electric utility industry for its commitment and leadership in lowering emissions at its coal-fired power plants.
Our Commitment to the Environment
- Ameren has reduced its sulfur dioxide (SO2) emissions rate by 84% and its nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions rate by 85%. Ameren’s Sioux, Coffeen and Duck Creek Power Plants now have new scrubbers online to further reduce emissions.
- Ameren Illinois’ merchant generating fleet has reduced its SO2 emissions rate by 84% and its NOx emissions rate by 85%.
- Ameren’s upgraded multi-million dollar control systems are now collecting more than 99% of all particulate emissions from the stacks of our plants.
- Ameren continues to support research into clean coal technologies advanced emission controls to voluntarily reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to invest in offsets to address climate change.
- We are already converting combustion byproducts into useful products such as concrete, blast grit and roofing shingles.
environment, stewardship, green, scrubbers, reduce, emissions, particulate emissions, clean coal technology, clean coal technologies, greenhouse gas emissions, climate change, combustion byproducts