Our pollution reduction standards are earning praise and getting results.
Ameren: A Recognized Leader In Clean Energy
Ameren's merchant generating energy centers have established a compliance strategy that targets many types of emissions. Our strategy includes:
- Installing sulfur dioxide (SO2) scrubbers at the Coffeen and Sioux Energy Centers.
- Using low-sulfur coal.
- Purchasing SO2 allowances.
- Using a combination of low NOx burners, selective catalytic reduction and intelligent combustion controls to increase operational efficiency and reduce NOx emissions by 85% from the generating fleet.
- Installing an upgraded scrubber at our Duck Creek Energy Center to significantly remove sulfur dioxide.
- Installing mercury reduction technology on 14 generating units.
- Installing upgraded particulate controls at Coffeen, Duck Creek and Labadie Energy Centers.
emissions, compliance strategy, reduce nitrogen oxide emissions, so2, scrubbers, sulfur dioxide, dual conditioning, bact, best available control technology, Duck Creek, E.D. Edwards, BACT