Ameren.com Website and Mobile Application
- WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED. We collect a limited amount of personal information from you in certain areas of the Ameren website (the “Website”) or mobile application ( the "application") for various reasons. The following is a description of what information is collected:
Registration Information. Ameren does not collect personal information from you through your use of the Website or application unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. Ameren does not require that you register or provide information to generally view the Website or application. Registration may, however, be necessary to use certain areas of the Website or application. When you register at the Website or application, we ask you for a few items of personal information. All of this information is used to deliver a more personal and pertinent experience for users of the Website or application. When you register at the Website or with the application, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the applicable registration form (the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Ameren has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Ameren has the right to suspend or terminate your registration and refuse any and all current or future use of the Website or application (or any portion thereof).
IP Addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet. As part of the protocol of the Internet, web servers can identify your computer by its IP address. In addition, web servers may be able to identify the type of browser and/or type of computer you are using. Ameren collects IP addresses and related information for the purposes of system administration, to assess the traffic to the Website or application and to maintain and improve the Website and application. We do not link IP addresses to your personally identifiable information. We can and will use IP addresses, however, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions or to protect our service, the Website, the application, customers or others.
- WHO IS COLLECTING THIS INFORMATION. Ameren collects the information described above via the Website or application. In the case of third party features such as links to other websites, such third parties may also collect information. You should review the applicable privacy policies of these third parties before providing personally identifiable information. Ameren is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
- HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED. In General. Ameren uses registration information to learn more about how visitors use the Website and application, and to measure areas of interest. This allows Ameren to build features and functionality that will enhance your Website and application experience. Ameren Corporation may also use your email address to send you information about new features and services, to share information about energy conservation programs and to provide you with conservation tips, or to send you information about special offers from Ameren’s partners, unless you indicate on the registration screen that you do not wish to receive this type of information.
We might also use this information to respond to emails, provide customer support, enforce Terms and Conditions or other similar matters. Aggregate information is also used to help us run and maintain the Website and application, study traffic patterns and generally learn about the usage of the Website and application.
Unrelated Companies. Ameren occasionally shares limited customer information with companies we hire to provide operational, marketing, or advertising support, companies that help us distribute our products and services, or companies that provide products and services we want to offer. The companies we choose must satisfy our security and privacy requirements. We share your information with these companies only if they agree to treat it confidentially and only if it is legally permissible to do so. We limit the information we provide these companies to what we reasonably believe they "need to know" in connection with their agreement with Ameren and we don't permit them to use our customer information for any purposes outside our oversight or control.
Government Authorities and Litigation. Sometimes a law, court order, or other judicial or administrative process requires us to provide information to a government authority or party to a private lawsuit. We will provide the information that we in good faith believe is required to comply with the law, order, or other process. We may also have to disclose certain information in court documents if we have to bring an action against you, for example, to collect a debt you owe us.
- CHOICES IN THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION. At the time of registration, you may be given a choice whether you want to receive information about new features, events, offers and special coverage on the Website or application and about special offers from Ameren’s partners. When you register, you must click in a box if you do not want to receive either type of information. Unless you affirmatively choose not to receive these materials, your registration information may be used to send you this information.
It is important to know that you may inadvertently provide personally identifiable information to third parties through your postings to a forum or participation in a chat session and we have no way to limit their use of the information you may provide. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online (for example, in forums, message boards or chat sessions) that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. While we strive to protect our user's personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you voluntarily disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
- WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED. Except for your choices described above, we will not knowingly disclose or authorize the disclosure of personal identifiable information (other than aggregate statistical information) to any third party without your consent unless (1) we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may have breached our Terms and Conditions or who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Ameren's rights or property, other Website or application users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities or (2) we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 YEARS. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Ameren will not knowingly collect or accept personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13 without a parent or guardian’s prior consent. Ameren will also allow the parent or guardian of a registered user under the age of 13 to review, update, change, delete or refuse to permit further collection of any and all information collected by the Website or application. A child's personally identifiable information will be treated with the same care and respect as an adult's information. To change, update, review, delete or refuse to permit further collection of your child's information, please email Ameren at email@example.com.
- HOW YOU MAY CHANGE, CORRECT YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION. If you want to change, correct, update or delete your registration information, please email Ameren at firstname.lastname@example.org. This provision applies only to registration information collected via the Website or application.
- SECURITY PROCEDURES WE USE. We are very concerned with the security of your personally identifiable information and take great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
Once we receive your information, we take appropriate steps that we believe are reasonable to protect the security of your data on our system, both internally and from outsiders, and to ensure the integrity of the data we collect. We use a combination of technological and policy methods to protect this data. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Please be aware that Ameren will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. Learn more about Ameren’s security measures.