Installing a solar energy system for your home or business is a significant investment and modification to your existing electrical system. We recommend following a few simple steps for choosing and partnering with the best developer for your job.
- Choose a developer with a proven track record. Contact a professional association such as the Missouri Solar Energy Industries Association or the Illinois Solar Energy Association.
- Make sure that your prospective contractors are licensed and bonded.
- Ask for references from customers and contact the references to ask questions about their experience working with the installer.
- Check out contractors with the Better Business Bureau.
- Obtain several bids from various contractors and be sure to compare bids for variances such as whether a contractor will do all the work or hire subcontractors.
- Ask about warranties and guarantees with your new solar energy system.