Clothes Dryer Safety
- If your dryer has a vent, periodically inspect your dryer vent to ensure it is not blocked.
- Keeping the vent open and free from lint will save energy and may prevent a fire.
- Manufacturers recommend using rigid venting material.
- When installing vent pipe, using screws that extend into the vent pipe may trap lint on the tips of the screws that eventually blocks the vent.
- Plastic vents may collapse and cause blockages.
- On the outside vent, be sure the vent damper works properly to prevent animals from climbing inside the vent.
clothes dryer safety tips, safety tips for your dryer, safety tips for your clothes dryer