For Electric & Natural Gas Customers
The potential energy savings when reducing drafts from windows range from 5% to 30% per year, and also makes your home more comfortable in the process.
- Check for indoor air leaks, such as gaps along windows, window frames, doors and door frames - both inside and out.
- When gaps are identified, check to see if the caulking and weather stripping has been applied properly, leaving no gaps or cracks, and are in good condition.
- While inspecting windows and doors for air leaks, see if they rattle - since movement means possible air leaks.
- If you can see daylight around a door or window frame, then the door or window leaks. You can usually seal these leaks by using caulk or weather stripping.
- Don’t forget to check the storm windows for proper fit, gaps or broken areas.
For more information, visit the ENERGY STAR®