Effective January 1, 2010, Missouri State Law (HB 657), in conjunction with current Ameren Missouri Guidelines, requires that all docks on the Lake of the Ozarks display a dock permit number and the 911 address of the property the dock is most adjacent to. These requirements will not only assist those unfamiliar with their location on the lake, but will assist 911 call centers in dispatching the appropriate first responders during an emergency situation.
Posting requirements must:
- Display the permit number, street address and ZIP Code
- Use 3” block lettering
- Use a highly contrasting color from the background color
- Be located on the lake side of the dock in a location visible from the cove or channel
An example of the posting requirements is shown below.
If you need help determining your 911 address, please contact your county 911 addressing center at:
- Camden County - 573.346.4440
- Miller County - 573.369.1960
- Morgan County - 573.378.2453
- Benton County - 660.438.9555