- No habitable structures will be permitted on boat docks.
- All construction or modifications of small docks (less than 3,000 square feet) shall have the plans, applications and drawings submitted by a Certified Dock Builder or individual experienced in floating dock design or construction. All construction shall conform to the specifications outlined below.
- All construction or modifications of large docks (3,000 square feet and greater) and all breakwater structures must have the plans, specifications, and required calculations submitted and signed by a Registered Professional Engineer experienced in floating dock design for commercial docks or marinas with boat size, wind conditions, and anchorage design equal to or greater than the design being submitted.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or any related standard is not addressed in these specifications. The accessibility requirements provided in these specifications are not intended to comply with ADA or any related standards. The dock owner shall bear full responsibility for any ADA requirements.
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Manuals and Reports on Engineering Practice No. 50, Planning and Design Guidelines for Small Craft Harbors, is a recognized standard and may be used along with the requirements herein. The requirements provided in this specification shall govern over the ASCE No. 50 standard.
In extreme situations, emergency temporary repairs may be completed to ensure the safety of private property and persons. Such temporary repairs must meet all federal, state, and local requirements and be reported to Ameren Missouri’s Shoreline Management office within 48 hours of the repair.