Know the Signs of Heat Stress - Heat Can Be Fatal
- 103-degree or higher body temperature
- a lack of sweat
- hot, red dry skin
- a rapid pulse
- difficulty breathing and constricted pupils
- rapid and strong pulse.
Anyone experiencing heat stroke symptoms should call 911
Until help arrives:
- Wrap yourself or a victim in wet blankets or clothes or immerse yourself or a victim in cool water.
- Pour ice water over your body.
- feeling weak
- loss of coordination
- increased sweating
- loss of consciousness
- Find a cool place.
- Lie down.
- Elevate your feet.
- Make sure your clothes are loose enough so your body can “breathe".
- Place a wet cloth on your forehead.
- Fan yourself.
- Drink water or electrolyte-replacing liquids.
- Sweating a lot causing your body to lose electrolytes which can lead to cramping.
- Muscle spasms usually hit one or more of these areas:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Replace electrolytes with a replenishing drink.
- Limit your salt intake.
- Get some rest.
heat stroke, heat exhaustion, heat cramps, heat stroke symptoms, heat exhaustion symptoms, heat cramps symptoms, heat stroke treatment, heat exhaustion treatment, heat cramp treatment, meat the heat, Ameren Missouri