Gas Furnace Savings Tips 
 
How can I use my furnace for the most energy efficiency?
  • Keep your furnace clean and have it checked regularly.
  • Before turning on your furnace each year, get your furnace inspected and tuned up by an authorized service provider.

Is an annual inspection necessary?
  • An annual inspection will keep your furnace running safely and efficiently.
  • An authorized professional furnace inspector will:
    • Check for proper natural gas pressure Inspect the burner to make sure fuel is burning properly, and clean it if necessary.
    • Check the air filter for proper airflow and change it if needed.
    • Inspect your furnace motor and may lubricate the motor and blower.
    • Inspect the flue pipe, safety controls, igniter, and heat exchanger.

 AFUE Rating
  • AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency) is the most widely used measure of heating efficiency in a furnace.
  • AFUE measures the amount of heat actually delivered compared to the amount of fuel the furnace uses. For example, a furnace with an 80% AFUE rating converts 80% of the fuel to heat and the other 20% of energy from the fuel is lost up the chimney.
  • The new minimum ENERGY STAR® AFUE rating standard of 95% or greater went into effective Feb. 1, 2012.
  • Be sure to check the AFUE rating and compare furnace features before you buy.
Gas Furnace Usage & Tips, gas furnace tips, gas furnace maintenance
 
 
Follow Us