The ENERGY STAR® label
What does the ENERGY STAR label mean?
- ENERGY STAR the trusted, government-backed symbol for energy efficiency.
- The ENERGY STAR logo helps you quickly and easily identify products that will save energy and money - and protect the environment.
- ENERGY STAR can help you plan home improvements, choose energy-saving products - even build a new home - with energy efficiency as your guide.
Why was the ENERGY STAR label established?
- To help consumers easily spot the most energy-saving products in stores.
- To identify products that will help you save on energy bills without sacrificing the performance, features and comfort you need from products that use energy.
- To test and identify products that
- Use energy most efficiently.
- Reduce “greenhouse gas emissions” and other pollutants caused by inefficient use of energy.
energy star label, energy star