Our goal is to continually enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve. To help accomplish that goal, our contributions may support:
- Civic, environmental and cultural organizations
- Educational institutions and programs
- Senior citizen organizations
- Social services
- Youth activities
The process for applying for financial assistance from Ameren Illinois is outlined below. Please review all requirements before making a request.
- Grants are limited to organizations in the Ameren Illinois service area.
- To qualify for a grant, organizations must be tax-exempt, as described in the Internal Revenue Code.
- Individuals, political organizations or candidates, and religious or similar groups generally do not qualify for an Ameren Illinois non-profit grant.
the application form
grant requirements and submit applicable documentation with your applications:
3. Print form and mail
- Cover letter that includes the amount of grant requested
- IRS determination letter certifying non-profit status
- IRS Form 990 for most recent fiscal year
- Income/balance statements for most recent fiscal year (preferably audited)
- If the grant is for a specific project, provide detailed budget for project, including income and expenses
- List of board members and executive officers, including titles and affiliations
- Most recent annual report or other literature summarizing programs
the completed application with the documentation to:
300 Liberty Street
Peoria, IL 61602-1404
If you have a question regarding the grant application process, please contact Community Relations IL