Space heaters can be an affordable way to warm up a small area, but they should be used with caution. To heat a room safely, follow the manufacturer’s instructions and these safety tips:
- Keep children and pets away from space heaters.
- Keep heaters away from water and damp surfaces.
- Keep anything that may burn at least three feet away.
- Turn off space heaters when leaving a room or going to sleep.
- Only use space heaters that have been tested and certified by a nationally recognized testing laboratory.
for more space heater safety tips.