Step Two is to be completed after sections A - D have been approved by Ameren Missouri and your system is installed.
Please refer to Electric Power Purchases from Qualified Net Metering Units
when completing Step Two. *All Net Metering applications submitted Aug. 28, 2013 and after MUST be on the current tariff application forms (bottom right hand corner of sheets No. 171.6, 171.9-171.12 and 171.14-171.15, date effective Aug. 28, 2013).
Use the checklist to ensure you have completed all of the information required for Step Two.
Submit Sections E - F, H and Supporting Information
Please write the account number on the top right corner of the page to prevent delays in processing.
Mail original completed Sections E - F, revised Section H, Supporting Information and Customer Affidavit (if applicable):
General Executive, Renewables
Ameren Energy Fuels & Services
1901 Chouteau Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103
When Ameren Missouri receives completed Sections E - F, the bi-directional meter will be scheduled for installation. You will know the bi-directional meter has been installed when you see a red sticker that reads "Warning Alternative Generation Source." You may begin operating your generation at that time.
- A one-time charge for the bi-directional meter of $281 for a 1-phase meter or $187 for a 3-phase meter will appear on your Ameren Missouri bill in the next billing cycle.
- Your Ameren Missouri bill will reflect net metering from the day the bi-directional meter is installed. A net metering bill uses a full page bill format. Occasionally, the first net metering bill will be postcard format if you have received postcard bills in the past.
Bi-directional meter only records billing data. It does not record the total amount of energy produced by the renewable system.
G. Application Approval
- Only kilowatthour (kWh) fed back to the grid and kWh delivered by Ameren Missouri will register on the bi-directional meter.
- If system is producing power and the property is using the power simultaneously, the bi-directional meter does not record the produced or used power - essentially they cancel each other out.
- Optional monitoring systems are available to measure all energy produced by the generation. Talk with your installer for more information on this option.
Once completed Sections A - F have been received by Ameren Missouri and the bi-directional meter has been installed, Ameren Missouri executes Section G and sends the customer a copy of the fully executed agreement.
For application questions, contact Ameren Missouri Renewables at 314.554.2649 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If modifications to the current system are made at any time, it is your obligation (according to the Net Metering terms) to notify Ameren MIssouri and update/re-file your Net Metering Application/Agreement.
- If the property is sold, the new owners will need to file a Net Metering Application/Agreement with Ameren Missouri in their name.