Serving in the armed forces can put an emotional, physical and financial strain on families. Ameren Missouri is offering $200,000 in energy assistance to Missouri military families in need to help ease worries. Four hundred families will receive a one-time, $500 energy credit on their Ameren Missouri utility bill.
- The program is open to all branches of the U.S. Military.
- The Missouri National Guard will screen applicants for eligibility.
- Funds are available from July 2 to Dec. 31, 2012, or until they are depleted.
- Four hundred eligible families will receive a one-time, $500 energy credit on their Ameren Missouri electric and/or natural gas bill.
- No cash refunds are permitted.
- One credit per account.
- Families who previously received military energy assistance are not eligible.
- Applicant or his/her spouse must be an Ameren Missouri customer.
- Applicant must demonstrate a valid financial need.
- Applicant must submit a copy of his/her home of record address, Ameren Missouri account number, name on the account, current address, and a statement verifying he/she is a member of the U.S. Military in good standing.
For additional information or to apply for this program, contact the Missouri National Guard Family Program Office at 573.638.9500 ext. 7681.