Under terms of its federal license for Bagnell Dam and the Osage Power Plant, Ameren Missouri works closely with federal, state and local agencies and organizations to protect the environment, promote water safety and enhance the quality of life at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Ameren Missouri's Lake services include:
- Regulating docks, seawalls, decks and other structures on the shoreline to ensure that they do not become an environmental hazard, an obstacle to navigation, or a threat to the safe operation of the dam and power plant. For more information, see our Lake of the Ozarks Permit Requirements.
- Sponsoring Adopt-the-Shoreline, a program that enables interested individuals, businesses and organizations to adopt portions of the shoreline for litter control. Adopt-the-Shoreline conducts the annual Shoreline Beautification Cleanup each spring, and many member groups also conduct a second cleanup in the fall.
- Maintaining a Lake and Shoreline Protection Hotline (573.365.9203) that residents and tourists can call to report pollution incidents, derelict docks or other concerns about the Lake.
- Conducting a program to spray key areas of the lake’s shoreline for mosquito control.
- Providing funds to the Missouri Department of Conservation to help operate a fish hatchery and fish stocking program, as well as funding to the Missouri Department of Natural Resources to improve recreational facilities and environmental resources at Lake of the Ozarks state parks.
- Serving 39,000 electric customers and 3,300 natural gas customers in the Lake area through Ameren Missouri's Central Ozarks Division.