Pond Information, Reports and Risk Assessments
Collection ponds are currently regulated under waste water regulations, and we are required to obtain permits for our waste water discharges. Landfills receiving coal combustion residuals (CCRs) are permitted under state solid waste regulations.
Recently established regulations from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) allow two options for management of coal combustion residuals. The rules established national standards for design, monitoring, inspection, permitting and closure of existing collection ponds and CCR landfills, and for new CCR facilities.
Labadie Ash Pond
- Study shows no adverse human health impact from coal ash management at Labadie
- Testing Verifies Integrity of Labadie Area Groundwater
- Missouri DNR Labadie Pond Assessment
- Report on Piezometer Installation, Water Level Monitoring and Groundwater Sampling
Rush Island Ash Pond
Venice Ash Ponds
- IEPA Approval of the Venice Ash Pond Closure Plan and Groundwater Management Zone (GMZ)
- Notification to the IEPA of Completion of Ash Pond Closure at Venice