Apply for a Grant from Ameren Illinois
Our goal is to continually enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve. To help accomplish that goal, our contributions may support:
- Environment - Supporting initiatives that preserve and protect our natural resources (Right Tree Right Place)
- Youth and Education - Delivering programming and resources that give our young people every opportunity for success
- Civic and Community - Assisting organizations whose services are focused on improving the quality of life for residents and businesses in our communities
- Health and Human Services - Providing resources needed to help our most vulnerable citizens live productive, physically and socially active lives
- Arts and Culture - Creating vibrant, culturally diverse communities that give residents opportunities for enrichment
- Grants are limited to organizations in the Ameren Illinois service area.
- To qualify for a grant, organizations must be tax-exempt, as described in the Internal Revenue Code.
- Individuals, political organizations or candidates, and religious or similar groups generally do not qualify for an Ameren Illinois non-profit grant.
To apply for a grant please complete the online application and review all the requested documents below before making a request.
- Cover letter that includes the amount of grant requested
- IRS determination letter certifying 501(c)(3) status
- Verified and filed IRS Form 990 for most recent fiscal year available upon request
If the grant is over $5,000 please also provide:
- Detailed budget for the project, including income and expenses
- List of board members and executive officers, including titles and affiliations
There is no deadline for submitting a grant application, however, applications received after Dec. 1 may be reviewed during the following year. The application review process generally takes 4-6 weeks.
Paper applications and emailed applications are no longer accepted. All grant requests must be submitted via the online application database.