The Adopt-the-Shoreline program enables interested groups and residents to help our environment by "adopting" portions of the Lake of the Ozarks shoreline for litter control. Since 1991, groups have provided more than 13,000 volunteers who have removed more than five million pounds of trash from the Lake's shoreline. (More on Member Responsibilities.)
- Supporting Members provide equipment and resources, including barges, boats, forklifts, and other specialized equipment, to make the annual shoreline cleanup a success.
- Advisory Board Members review the Adopt-the-Shoreline program and make recommendations to Ameren Missouri on policy issues and/or additions or improvements to the program.
- Zone Coordinators oversee volunteers and equipment and serve as liaisons to the Adopt-the-Shoreline groups that are within a particular zone.
- Each adopting group is responsible for safely cleaning a minimum of five (5) shoreline miles and participating in at least two (2) shoreline cleanup events.
- Once a section of shoreline is adopted, the adopting group is responsible for organizing its volunteers, obtaining the necessary boats or equipment to complete the cleanup, and delivering the trash collected to the assigned dumpster location. We have found that with careful consideration of a dumpster site and a little planning, most cleanups are completed in about 4 hours.
- The first place to start if you are interested in adopting a section of the shoreline is the Zone Map. After clicking on the map, click on a particular zone to see if that area of shoreline is available for adoption.
- Once you have selected a location, complete the Adopting Group Membership Agreement and mail it to the Adopt-the-Shoreline coordinator (management office address below). We can then begin the process of preparing you for your first shoreline cleanup.
Ameren Missouri provides for the disposal of trash collected during each cleanup. Additionally, we provide trash bags for cleanup at the following locations:
Ameren Missouri Shoreline Management Office
3 Willmore Lane
PO Box 993
Lake West Chamber of Commerce
125 Oddo Drive
Sunset Beach, MO 65079
Camdenton Area Chamber of Commerce
739 West US Highway 54
Camdenton, MO 65020
Contact Us or call 573.365.9252 with questions or to become a volunteer.