Ameren Missouri and Saint Louis University (SLU) have partnered on a unique weather forecasting system called Quantum Weather.
- Quantum Weather provides neighborhood-by-neighborhood predictions of severe weather hours in advance. This forecasting allows us to dispatch crews ahead of a storm, and to further improve restoration times for customers.
- More than 100 monitoring stations across our service territory transmit data to SLU's Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences.
- The solar-powered monitoring stations measure temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, wind speed, wind direction, and rainfall.
- Ameren Missouri receives information from Quantum Weather that includes alerts on destructive storms, and their possible impact in our service area.
- Quantum Weather is just one tool we use to enhance the reliability of our electric grid.