Harness the power of the sun without installing a single solar panel.
Ameren Missouri introduces Community Solar, an energy subscription plan coming soon.
Community Solar is a simple solution for customers who want to take part in solar generation. Nothing is installed on a customer's roof and experts at Ameren Missouri take care of maintaining the solar panels. It's easy and accessible for virtually everyone; homeowners, renters and small businesses. Only customers who sign up for the program pay the cost of installing this new solar generation facility.
The one megawatt solar energy generation facility will be built at St. Louis Lambert International Airport, an ideal location for solar panels with an abundance of open land that would otherwise go unused. Panels would be positioned away from runways and out of the line-of-sight of pilots taking off or coming in for a landing.
How Community Solar works:
- The subscription program is open to all residential and small business customers
- Once the subscription period opens later this year, interested customers who qualify can sign up for 100 kilowatt-hour blocks of generation capacity
- Customers can subscribe to up to half of their average usage over the past 12 months
- A limited number of blocks will be made available
- Once the program is fully subscribed, construction will begin
- Solar generation could start as soon as next spring
|Frequently Asked Questions|